Monday, January 7, 2013

2012, You Rocked My World: My Year in Review


A little more than a year ago, I started this little ole blog as a way to document my journey to Florence; all the ups and downs, the lessons learned, the mistakes made, and the experiences gained. It feels like so long ago, and yet, it feels like just yesterday that I was packing up my life just days before heading to Italy, with no idea just what was about to begin.

I originally moved to Florence thinking I would be teaching English. Little did I know that I would take a completely different turn and end up working in nightlife, for a student travel company, and running bar crawls. But this is why I love life-- you never know what (fun and exciting) curve balls it's going to throw at you.

And so, because I love lists, here's the run down of my 2012 in list form:

Places I traveled:
3. Rimini
8. Prague
9. Rome
10. Paris

What I did:
1. Worked some great jobs, which let me party and travel the world for a living
2. Shared amazing experiences with my "Florence family", who will be some of my best friends for years to come, no matter how far we live from each other
3. Gained great work experience and learned first hand just how effective good networking can be
4. Became much more confident in my Italian speaking skills, even if they didn't improve as much as I would have liked
5. Figured out how to be happy just being single and on my own... and then fell in love
6. Learned more about myself in twelve months than I have in my entire life
7. Grew into a stronger, smarter, kinder, and even more confident person than I was before

2012 was better than I could have ever imagined, and hopefully 2013 will be the same. I'll be home in New York for at least a couple of months while I figure out the next step of my journey, whether it be in the US or somewhere else in the world.

You may not find me in Florence, but the adventures will still continue!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...